Wednesday, April 23, 2014

That Big Greasy Burger

I know this burger joint has been in countless blogs and yes, this blog's one of them. "Zark's Burgers" if you haven't heard of this place yet, well you've got to try it! 


*~* The Pictures were taken at Zark's Katipunan *~*


          What I like about Zark's menu  is that they put the description and whatever is inside the burger below the name it self. Very convenient if you ask me. The prices are very reasonable, comparing to other burger joints like burger project. The ones in the Minor League (see picture below) DON'T have fries and drinks included, but those burgers in the Major league do.

Menu

          I Ordered The American All Star since I'm a cheese burger kind of girl and it has bacon! For God's sake BACON!!! Basically this burger's my personal favorite. It's simple and has everything I like in a burger- cheese and bacon. Probably the only thing I don't like about this burger is the lettuce and tomatoes under that fat juicy patty. But overall, I love it!


American All Star
          I would have ordered this burger since it had 3 kinds of cheeses but meh- it had caramelized onions. Yes I don't really like onions, even when caramelized. My friends say that Zark's caramelized onions are really good. So why not try this burger out if you like caramelized onions and LOTS of cheese.

Three Pointer
          This burger is probably one of the bigger/taller burgers here in Zark's. This, my friends/readers, is the Jawbreaker. It costs 250 pesos It's a triple cheese burger with bacon, cheese sauce, and spam with fries and bottomless iced tea included. That bottomless iced tea is a great deal since you'd need lots of liquid to bring this baby down. If you think about it, this burger's really 200 pesos since it costs 30 pesos for the fries and drink and an additional 20 pesos to make your iced tea, bottom less (to make things clear, the price is 250 pesos).



          If you think 250 pesos is expensive for a burger then I have good news for you! If you finish the Jawbreaker in 5 minutes or less, then you'd get it for FREE. Besides the fact that you'd burn your tongue out and probably choke to death; a free Jawbreaker is a good deal! Everything tastes better when it's free =) Not only will you not have to pay for the Jawbreaker you just ate but you'll also get your picture taken and placed in the Hall of Fame for everyone to recognize that you're that dude who risked his/her life to get a free burger and succeeded. Isn't that nice, a free burger and you're face will forever be in the hall of fame!

          Downside? Like what I mentioned before, the one about burning your tongue out and the probability of choking to death; there is no downside in trying this challenge out. Oh wait did I forget to mention that if you take the jawbreaker challenge, your iced tea isn't bottomless. Yeah... you're gonna choke to death with out that bottomless iced tea. Losing the challenge... well, you just have to pay for your burger then.  


          Another Challenge is the TOMBSTONE CHALLENGE. This is Zark's ultimate challenge. The tombstone is a 2 pound cheese burger. It's deadly because the chances of you choking to death while doing this challenge is way higher than that of the Jawbreaker. It's 500 pesos which is twice the cost of the Jawbreaker. Finish this burger with the fries in 10 minutes and you get your Tombstone for free, get your picture taken and placed in the hall of fame and a FREE T-SHIRT which says "I Survived the Tombstone Challenge"! The hall of fame in Katipunan is nothing compared with the one in Taft. So if you're planning to do any of these challenges do it in Katipunan if you want people easily to see your picture (just a suggestion).


Zark's Taft usually have really long lines so I suggest going there early. The place is quite small to accommodate all their customers. Zark's Katipunan is smaller but doesn't have really long lines compared to the one in Taft. Based on my experiences, whenever I eat at Zark's Taft, there is ALWAYS a long line. Never have I gone there without a line. Meanwhile in Katipunan... I've been here twice and I have yet to experience lining up to eat.  

So far I've been in 2 branches:
Taft, La Salle:  2nd flr. of Archer’s Nook bldg., Taft Avenue, Manila. It's the same building as yellow cab and army navy. 

Katipunan: In front of Ateneo, near pizza hut. (sorry I don't really know the address) it's on the 2nd floor; the same building as Rufos

I haven't been to these branches but I googled the details
Eastwood: G/F Eastwood City Walk 2, E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave. (C5), Eastwood City, Quezon City, Metro Manila. This branch just recently opened. 
  
BF homes: President ave, front of shawarma snack center

Store hours:


Mon - Thu: 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sun9:00 am - 11:00 pm


For more information about Zark's Burgers or just pictures of their delicious burgers visit their Facebook Page

0 comments:

Post a Comment